Fillmore County News and Events
Fillmore County Extension provides research-based information to Nebraskans! To learn more, read….
Short monthly narratives highlighting key programming Fillmore County Extension is involved.
- Anyone wishing to reserve a camper spot for the county fair should contact Jean Engle after 6:00 a.m. on March 2nd by calling her cell at 402-759-1170.
- Fillmore County Public Speaking Contest has been scheduled. Details on the 4-H page!
- Learn how to extract more information from your precision ag data on March 5th at the Public Library in Geneva. Yield monitor data is one of the most valuable pieces of farm information that is gathered each year. Utilizing yield, soil, and input data to its fullest potential is the objective in developing an integrated agronomic management system. This workshop will help drive informed decisions and make the most of data you already have to drive future profitability.
The Precision Ag Data Management Workshops will offer lectures and hands-on activities using Ag Leaders SMS Advanced software. (Laptops and data will be supplied.) Limited to 25 registrants.
Farmland Cash Rent values are here!! Custom Rates I and II are available too!
- Animal Science day has been planned. Events include the 2015 livestock judging contest, face to face QA, and much more. Details on the Livestock page!
- Livestock Spot Check Info
- PEDV Swine Show Info: We have new information regarding PEDV (Porcine Epidemic Diarrhea Virus) and how to prepare for the upcoming swine show season.
Holiday cooking guides
BATS?!?! Did I say bats!? The university has released new information regarding how to handle these creatures.
- New information regarding the 2015 District Horse Shows as well as other new info!
- There is a fun new website designed for kids who are interested in horses. It has games, videos, and much more. Check it out!!
- This page will have up to date information about progress shows and livestock camps in Nebraska. You can find links to printable fliers and entry forms! Just one click away!!
- New 2015 Spring School Enrichment flier is available!
We have complied a collection of resources to help those that have been affected by recent storms. More...
Marketing 2014 Calves
With current price levels, cow/calf producers could see good profits when selling 2014 calves. Aaron Berger, UNL Extension educator, outlines a few options to consider when thinking about marketing this year's calf crop. UNL's Beef website features more information on Livestock Risk Protection Insurance and determining costs of production.
Storing Distillers Grains
Distillers grains have become much cheaper, compared with earlier in the year. Aaron Stalker, UNL Extension beef range systems specialist, explains why using distillers grains could benefit producers – if they can properly store the product. More resources on storing distillers grains can be found here.
UNL Extension's BeefWatch
Check out the latest issue of UNL BeefWatch Newsletter. newsletter, designed to assist Beef producers and professionals. You may subscribe to receive this newsletter in your email and view the latest summaries on beef industry issues at http://Beef.UNL.edu
UNL Extension cropping system experts discuss the latest updates on cropping issues in Nebraska such as appearance of Pythium in corn and soybeans, wheat disease updates, and a new UNL climate app. During the growing season, each weeks CropWatch newsletter is posted on Fridays at http://cropwatch.unl.edu/
Acreage Insights e-News
The Acreage Insights e-News, published by UNL Extension Acreage team, is a monthly electronic newsletter providing acreage owners with timely information to better manage their rural living environment. Click here to subscribe to this newsletter or check out the team's Acreage Insight web resources (http://acreage.unl.edu/).
UNL Extension's Hort Update
An email newsletter designed to assist horticulture professionals and Extension staff with seasonal environmental topics for lawns, trees and shrubs, landscape ornamentals, fruits and vegetables, and miscellaneous items. Share with your colleagues and friends Hort Update, Visit our web site for archived issues .
As a leader in your community, often you are asked to present a program to club meetings, civic groups or professional organizations. Finding information for such a program and then organizing it can be challenging and time consuming. Look no further!
Faculty from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln Extension are providing you research-based, educational program resources free-of-charge. Information in each program is based on research from educational institutions around the world. The programs listed reflect the variety of topics which our clientele cite as issues within their communities. Congratulations on leading your organization to a greater understanding of these priorities! For lessons....
Making A Difference
Impact Summary Reports
- UNL Extension Impact Report
- Beef Systems
- 4-H Impact Report
- The Learning Child
- Guardianship / Conservator Training Program
- Agricultural Economics
- Cropping Systems Productivity
- Crop / Plant Science - Youth Education
- Food, Nutrition & Health
- Agriculture Water Management
- Animal Manure Management
- Water, Climate & Environment - Community
- Business Ventures and Innovation
- Nebraska Broadband Initiative
- Entrepreneurial Communities
- ESI and Beyond
Provides current grain/livestock market commentary and analysis; weather, climate, and soil moisture updates; practical advice from seasoned, working producers; and more.
View entire episodes or search for answers to your plant, yard, and insect problems. Watch Backyard Farmer live on NET1 April to mid September (Thursday, 7:00 pm CT).
Audio and video interviews with University of Nebraska-Lincoln Extension specialists and educators on topics ranging from crop and livestock production to health and nutrition to lawn and garden care, and more.