Fillmore County Extension News and Events
Fillmore County Pages
|4-H Page Agriculture Page Livestock Page|
|Community/Horticulture Horse/Progress Shows|
Fillmore County Extension provides research-based information to Nebraskans! To learn more, read….
Short monthly narratives highlighting key programming Fillmore County Extension is involved.
The Extension Office has moved to 1340 G Street in Geneva!
- Don't forget to express thanks to all of the plaque sponsors, cake and livestock buyers and others who have been genererous to the 4-H Program!
- State Fair Livestock Entries Due August 10th at 5:00 p.m. online at http://nebr.fairwire.com/.
- Aksarben entries due to Extension Office on August 7th.
- Static Exhibits that qualified for the State Fair due to Extension Office August 24-25th.
- Nebraska State Fair - Aug. 28-Sept 7th - Grand Island
- Aksarben - Sept 24-27th - Omaha
Farmland Cash Rent values are here!! Custom Rates I and II are available too!
- Resources for showing your livestock.
Emerald Ash Borer Workshop held August 13th at 6:00 p.m. at the Extension Office CANCELLED!!!!
Mosquitoes are awful this year! Public Health Solutions has brought us some mosquito dunks, which can reduce mosquito number by putting them in landscape ponds, livestock tanks and other sources of standing water. Standing water areas can be treated with a biological larvicide. Bacillus thruingiensis israelensis (Bti) or Bacillus sphaericus (Bs) are naturally occurring soil bacterium that control mosquito larvae by disrupting the gut receptors and causes the larvae to stop eating anddie. Biological larvicides are safe to use in water of livestock troughs. Stop in to pick up your free sample of mosquito dunk!
- Information regarding the 2015 District Horse Shows as well as other new info!
- This page will have up to date information about progress shows and livestock camps in Nebraska. You can find links to printable fliers and entry forms! Just one click away!!
- New 2015 Spring School Enrichment flier is available!
UNL Extension's BeefWatch
Check out the latest issue of UNL BeefWatch Newsletter. newsletter, designed to assist Beef producers and professionals. You may subscribe to receive this newsletter in your email and view the latest summaries on beef industry issues at http://Beef.UNL.edu
UNL Extension cropping system experts discuss the latest updates on cropping issues in Nebraska such as appearance of Pythium in corn and soybeans, wheat disease updates, and a new UNL climate app. During the growing season, each weeks CropWatch newsletter is posted on Fridays at http://cropwatch.unl.edu/
Acreage Insights e-News
The Acreage Insights e-News, published by UNL Extension Acreage team, is a monthly electronic newsletter providing acreage owners with timely information to better manage their rural living environment. Click here to subscribe to this newsletter or check out the team's Acreage Insight web resources (http://acreage.unl.edu/).
UNL Extension's Hort Update
An email newsletter designed to assist horticulture professionals and Extension staff with seasonal environmental topics for lawns, trees and shrubs, landscape ornamentals, fruits and vegetables, and miscellaneous items. Share with your colleagues and friends Hort Update, Visit our web site for archived issues .
As a leader in your community, often you are asked to present a program to club meetings, civic groups or professional organizations. Finding information for such a program and then organizing it can be challenging and time consuming. Look no further!
Faculty from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln Extension are providing you research-based, educational program resources free-of-charge. Information in each program is based on research from educational institutions around the world. The programs listed reflect the variety of topics which our clientele cite as issues within their communities. Congratulations on leading your organization to a greater understanding of these priorities! For lessons....
Making A Difference
Impact Summary Reports
- 4-H Impact Summary
- Beef Systems Impact
- Community Environment Impact
- Growing Business Impact
- Entrepreneurial Communities Impact
- Agricultural Economics Impact
- Agriculture Water Management Impact
- Crop & Plant Science Youth Education Impact
- Cropping Systems Productivity Impact
- Integrated Pest Management Impact
- Food Nutrition and Health Impact
- Impact Report - Food Website
- Co-Parenting for Successful Kids Impact
- Guardianship Impact
- The Learning Child Impact
Provides current grain/livestock market commentary and analysis; weather, climate, and soil moisture updates; practical advice from seasoned, working producers; and more.
View entire episodes or search for answers to your plant, yard, and insect problems. Watch Backyard Farmer live on NET1 April to mid September (Thursday, 7:00 pm CT).
Audio and video interviews with University of Nebraska-Lincoln Extension specialists and educators on topics ranging from crop and livestock production to health and nutrition to lawn and garden care, and more.