Fillmore County Extension News and Events
Fillmore County Pages
|4-H Page Agriculture Page Livestock Page|
|Community/Horticulture Horse/Progress Shows|
Be a part of the 4-H fun this summer! Check out the Workshop Guide and register today!
Fillmore County Extension provides research-based information to Nebraskans! To learn more, read….
Short monthly narratives highlighting key programming Fillmore County Extension is involved.
The Extension Office is moving to 1340 G Street!
Volunteers are needed to move on Wed. May 6th from 10 a.m.-6 p.m. and 10 am - 6 p.m. on Thurs. May 7th.
Office will be closed May 7-8th.
- County Fair Dates for 2015 are July 17-23rd!
- Get involved with the Community Garden this year! May 7th the garden will be planted from 4-5:30 p.m. (weather permitting)
- Ag Safety Day will be held May 28th at the Fillmore County Fairgrounds! Youth Registration Form Must be completed!
Farmland Cash Rent values are here!! Custom Rates I and II are available too!
- Resources for showing your livestock.
On May 14th from 4-5:30, Fillmore County 4-H, Farm Service Agency and other avid gardeners are invited to help plant the community garden. Details are on the flyer.
- Information regarding the 2015 District Horse Shows as well as other new info!
- This page will have up to date information about progress shows and livestock camps in Nebraska. You can find links to printable fliers and entry forms! Just one click away!!
- New 2015 Spring School Enrichment flier is available!
UNL Extension's BeefWatch
Check out the latest issue of UNL BeefWatch Newsletter. newsletter, designed to assist Beef producers and professionals. You may subscribe to receive this newsletter in your email and view the latest summaries on beef industry issues at http://Beef.UNL.edu
UNL Extension cropping system experts discuss the latest updates on cropping issues in Nebraska such as appearance of Pythium in corn and soybeans, wheat disease updates, and a new UNL climate app. During the growing season, each weeks CropWatch newsletter is posted on Fridays at http://cropwatch.unl.edu/
Acreage Insights e-News
The Acreage Insights e-News, published by UNL Extension Acreage team, is a monthly electronic newsletter providing acreage owners with timely information to better manage their rural living environment. Click here to subscribe to this newsletter or check out the team's Acreage Insight web resources (http://acreage.unl.edu/).
UNL Extension's Hort Update
An email newsletter designed to assist horticulture professionals and Extension staff with seasonal environmental topics for lawns, trees and shrubs, landscape ornamentals, fruits and vegetables, and miscellaneous items. Share with your colleagues and friends Hort Update, Visit our web site for archived issues .
As a leader in your community, often you are asked to present a program to club meetings, civic groups or professional organizations. Finding information for such a program and then organizing it can be challenging and time consuming. Look no further!
Faculty from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln Extension are providing you research-based, educational program resources free-of-charge. Information in each program is based on research from educational institutions around the world. The programs listed reflect the variety of topics which our clientele cite as issues within their communities. Congratulations on leading your organization to a greater understanding of these priorities! For lessons....
Making A Difference
Impact Summary Reports
- UNL Extension Impact Report
- Beef Systems
- 4-H Impact Report
- The Learning Child
- Guardianship / Conservator Training Program
- Agricultural Economics
- Cropping Systems Productivity
- Crop / Plant Science - Youth Education
- Food, Nutrition & Health
- Agriculture Water Management
- Animal Manure Management
- Water, Climate & Environment - Community
- Business Ventures and Innovation
- Nebraska Broadband Initiative
- Entrepreneurial Communities
- ESI and Beyond
Provides current grain/livestock market commentary and analysis; weather, climate, and soil moisture updates; practical advice from seasoned, working producers; and more.
View entire episodes or search for answers to your plant, yard, and insect problems. Watch Backyard Farmer live on NET1 April to mid September (Thursday, 7:00 pm CT).
Audio and video interviews with University of Nebraska-Lincoln Extension specialists and educators on topics ranging from crop and livestock production to health and nutrition to lawn and garden care, and more.